(click collage to view the pictures larger)
From the top left corner over:
- Lauren (right) and I posing for a selfie one Bible study evening. She’s fun 🙂 .
- Christmas cards! I got an order for a bunch this week that I filled today. They do look snazzy, even though I don’t have any ribbon so I had to use yarn 😉
- It’s beginning to look a lot like . . . anytime but Christmas! The weather has been phenomenal this year! Not any snow yet, just 60+ degree days that bring tons of smiles, like the one I captured on my brother, Caleb’s, face.
- More Christmas cards! I feel like I’m made of them these days! 😛
- A frosty morning! I felt like I was walking in a world Elsa had touched with her lovely ice. So much beauty.
- Dead branches kissed by the sunlight.
- Another Christmas card. I’m guessing you know now what’s pretty much always on my mind.
- A bunch of Bath & Body Works goodies Sarah and I got for friends this Christmas!
- Elijah. He is up to trouble, as always. 🙂 This was one of the only pictures I got of him this evening, because he is always. Moving. I can’t get a clear shot of him very well, but I’m happy with the ones I do get 🙂
I have been . . .
- listening to Jillian Edwards’ All My Christmases. I’ve reviewed it, here, and yet I’m still listening to it though I can lip sync all of the songs. Pretty much perfectly. My library holds haven’t come in yet (cue the tears), so the fresh Christmas music has been low.
- reading The Brontë Plot by Katherine Reay. This was a fun read, if a little uneventful. I suppose it would make a good stress-relief read, but I have been enjoying thrillers lately. 🙂
- studying The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp for Advent. And loving it. Every day really challenges me and overwhelms me because it’s packed with the character of our God. Wow. This is a must-read Advent devotional.
- playing piano and trying to make a point at practicing reading music more often. I’m fairly good at sight reading . . . but not nearly as good as my classically trained friends who make me look like the oddball! 😛 I’m used to pretty much being able to play all the songs I like through improv, so reading music is . . . *hem* uncomfortable at times. But I’m trying! Give me some credit!
- lettering a ton of Christmas presents. So many, in fact, that I think I’m going to take January off for lettering!
- babysitting kids a lot! By “kids”, I mean “siblings”. They can be quite a handful, especially since there can be quite a few of them around at once! It’s taught me more and more about mothering, though, so hey. I can’t complain.
- cutting a ton of Christmas cards. This is irony, considering I can’t really cut straight lines, even with a paper cutter, and yet here I am cutting 100+ Christmas cards, one at a time. Maybe I should just pay the extra money to get Staples to cut it on their supercool laser cutting machine that does it all at once. *drools* *sighs at grossness of drool*
- feeling moody and happy all at once. Lately my head has been kinda running at a hundred miles an hour (which is a lot faster than my legs can go, even at their fastest), which creates sort of a fog. Which makes me very moody. I’m hoping I can get a grip on my life soon so my head stops running!
- writing bits and pieces of a new novel. I’m excited about it! More details coming soon.
- finishing Algebra 1!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
- talking and de-stressing (new word?) with my girl Petra. I got to see her this past weekend, and she hung out with me while I cut Christmas cards (big surprise there) and she folded them (like a boss, you guys!). I was tired, and she noticed (lol). But she was there for me and we talked cameras and ISO settings and auto focus. Thanks, Petra! You’re one of those girls who reduces stress, rather than add it. 😀
- dreaming about getting a DSLR. I have big dreams, guys, and this is one of the biggest for me. But it also means I can’t really spend much money anymore. 🙁 Bummer.
- wasting time obsessing over the details of my Christmas cards. Wowzers.
- singing a song I know of Revelation 7:10 and 12, “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb. Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!” I’ll embed the amazing song at the end of this post 🙂
- grinning because I met someone who finally speaks my tech language (that is, someone other than my dad!). She designs and prints t-shirts, and I’ve actually known her for a while, but we started talking dpi’s and vectors and Adobe Illustrator. It’s nice to know someone I see face-to-face actually gets this stuff, not just the countless people on Pinterest.
- stalking this amazing blog, The Postman’s Knock. I love it and really want to learn modern calligraphy in the new year. When I can actually spend some money. *sighs*
- laughing at the fact that I got one of my best friends the same thing she got me for Christmas 🙂
- eating lots of Christmas cookies that my baking-genius sister makes. 🙂 Mmm…
Merry Christmas, everybody! Have a great week!
Psst! My Christmas cards are still available, here!