This fall has been full and beautiful. It’s not over yet, I know, but I was realizing the other day how many sweet, beautiful things have happened this fall. I need to write these blessings down, and in the process update this blog (on which I have been a little absent, I’ll admit!). Fall, for me, is full of blessings like…
- wearing jeans again.
- striped Old Navy sweaters.
- playing Tenth Avenue North songs on guitar at 7am.
- seeing my breath in the cold.
- overcast days making for beautiful pictures:
- boys with brand-new walkie talkies, playing spies and wearing everything camo.
- having such good friends at cross-country I wanna cry seeing the season end.
- soaking in the last bit of color in the year:
- putting on a crochet hat, reminding me of sweet friends’ generosity.
- late night concerts (yay Tenth Ave!) and singing the promises of “Times“:
- friends who will wipe your nastiest tears away.
- the boys’ last campout till spring, giving us girls a night with Anne of Green Gables (go Megan Follows!)
- listening to the rustle and fall of the leaves.
- musicians like Josh Garrels breaking the silence.
- staying up past my bedtime talking with sisters.
- breaking my back leaning over sketchbooks and computer screens, just trying to design a 3″x2″ black-and-white card with my blog, email, and phone number on it. Who knew it would take so much work? But with the help of these graphics from AngieMakes.com, I’m pretty happy with the finished product. You all get to see my signature now 😉
- singing Christmas songs waay too early…but even as my sister yells at me to stop, I’m still dreaming of a white Christmas.
- learning songs with augmented chords (like this one) on the piano and loving the way it feels to make the deep notes rumble and the high notes sound like they’re crying (in the best way possible).
- laughing at small group.
- wearing fuzzy socks (which make my day).
- cinnamon, apples, and pumpkins.
- family walks in perfect weather:
- running with my dad.
- cheering for my dad when he runs a cross-country race 😀
- sweet little sisters:
- being reminded that I am clay in the hand of my Potter: “This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: ‘Go down at once to the potter’s house; there I will reveal My words to you.’ So I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, working away at the wheel. But the jar that he was making from the clay became flawed in the potter’s hand, so he made it into another jar, as it seemed right for him to do. The word of the Lord came to me: ‘House of Israel, can I not treat you as this potter treats his clay? Just like clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, house of Israel.'” (Jeremiah 18:1-6)
- getting chills from this quote and beautiful lettering on Beautiefull Things:
- finishing photography challenges once and for all (yes, it’s been a long wait. Blog posts coming soon!) and having friends who are just as
slowrelaxed as I am when it comes to being punctual. 😉
- joining a writer’s club and thinking about stories again. It’s been a while since I’ve let my imagination go on rabbit trails with my pen jotting down every detail I see in this head of mine…but I’m excited about doing it again.
- taking selfies with sisters:
- knowing my little notes can bless friends:
- remembering the story behind my blog’s name and getting ready to enter the season of gratitude.
May this fall be blessed for you, too! I can’t wait for whatever the next season holds…but I’m savoring this season because I’m only gonna be in it once.