February In Review
February is the shortest month of the year, so you’d think it would go by super fast, right? Well, this February was a different story for me. It’s been packed with tons of activities and craziness, and yet it has seemed so slow! Here is a full recap of this crazy beautiful month of February.
- I started track with Team FCA! It’s been going so well so far, much better than last year xD Read about my less-than-stellar injury experience last year here.
- I renamed With Open Hands to Freehand Studio! *cheers*
- I made mass DIY valentines for the first time.
- Julia and Sarah came to hang out for an interview! It turned out so well, these ladies are great <3
- My parents and I came to the decision that I’m going to college next fall, to take dual credit classes. I’m taking the ACT in a month, and let’s just say I’m a little scared. ANY ADVICE?
- I didn’t drive. At. All. And I need so many more hours before I can even start to think about getting my license. Yes, I’m bad.
- I took Kaitlyn’s senior photos! Wowzers, that was fun 😀
best books + blogs
I read 7 books in February, all nonfiction. *cries* Any fiction recommendations from y’all? There were, though, some amazing nonfiction reads tucked into this month, like…
- A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book by Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman (thanks, Dassah, for the recommendation!!)
- The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin
- Real Life Family Photography by Amy Drucker
Some amaaaazzzinnggg blog posts I read this month were:
- Stop Waiting by Madyson Grace
- Lately || through the 50mm lens by Dassah
- Dare To Be Bold by Julia
- Monopoly + Weird Dreams by Sarah (omw laughed so hard at this one!!)
my theme verse: psalm 139:14
“I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
Every February for the past 4+ years has been really rough/depressing for me. I think it’s a restless time of year, right before spring but after the holiday buzz. Each year rolls around and it never fails: I find myself stressed and depressed in February. It’s a little unnerving to realize I subconsciously fall into a slump this time of year. But, it’s been a constant reminder that moodiness doesn’t have to keep me from fighting to PRAISE God instead of pout about my life. To break this verse down a little…
I am fearfully + wonderfully made. This has been my motto this month. Last month, it was comparison kills joy. I’ve been working on blog + photography + school + job + running + Bible study…I’m spread so far and so thin. I tend to forget His purpose and His new name for me. No, Aliyah, your name is not Stressed. Nor is it Depressed. And nahp, He didn’t look at you and call you Hopeless.
He looked at me, and called me Beloved. Cherished. Chosen. Fearfully + Wonderfully Made.
His works are wonderful. My works? They’re complicated, a little pretty at best, but never wonderful. I am learning to see His works through His eyes – wonderful whether I see it yet or not.
So…you. You’re more than the names you may give yourself. Beloved of God, congrats for making it through this February of ’17, whether it was wonderful or horrible for you. Tell me about it, I’d love to hear! Thanks for being here this Feb <3